Friday, February 29, 2008

the closest thing to a poem I've written recently

Actually, I have no idea when this was written as I literally just found this on my computer while looking at various files.

But, isn't this the sweetest thing you've ever read?

(Okay, and, obvious why I don't write poems all that much anymore.)


The number in your hand is sixteen.
You look at it for a while then close your palm.
There are several people around you, some in seats and some standing.
You may be present there, but your mind is elsewhere.
It's still at home.

It's thinking about the striped sheets and you in my pajama top.
It's thinking about my hand on your leg.
It's thinking about our mouths kissing various parts of each other.
It's thinking about us.
It's just thinking....

Since you left this morning,
I've sat here and drank coffee.
And, warmed to the thought of you.

No comments: