Tuesday, October 02, 2007

POETRY, SECTION SIX

1.

My mouth wants more.
It's not satisfied with what it's been given.
It hasn't kissed you enough.

My hands want more.
They're not satisfied with what they've been given.
They haven't touched you enough.

My body wants more.
It's not satisfied with what it's been given.
It hasn't been close to you enough.

It's hard enough not to think about you with every inch of this body wanting satisfaction.

2.

Will I ever see you again?
These fantasies aren't enough anymore.
They don't satisfy like they used to.
They're like ... something. I can't put my finger on it.
Not chocolate and shagging.
Not anything of the sort.

Is there some way we could come into contact again?
Like a phone call, perhaps.
Oh, I don't know.
Somehow, some way, is there the slightest possibility?
I don t know where you are.

Whenever I think of you, I don't become hopeless in thought.
Is that odd?
You're my bright spot, yet I doubt you think of me the same way.
Go ahead
--Torture and torment me by doing (being the way) you are.
I don't think you're cold, rather warm on another level.
Will I ever see you again?
Will I?

(Huh?)

3.

Her silvery dress.

His sequin suit and bow-tie.

They do not match well.

4.

I touched your mouth the other day.
It was warm and soft.
It felt nice.
The day passed quickly with this activity.
(Did I mention that I didn't use my hands, but my own mouth?)

5.

I'm almost pleading.

You are everything I want.

Hold me close still.

6.

The lake of blue ice

frozen by winter weather

and land full of snow.

7.

Can I ask something?
It's only one thing to do.
And you can lie down.

8.

I've noticed something.

Everytime you come over & say hello, I am always writing.

I can't be that nervous.

I don't know...

Would you prefer if I became blatantly excited and high-pitched

in tone and blow my cover,

OR

Would you prefer that I stay calm?

Around you, my preference is

to act slightly a notch or

five below what I feel.

This composure lies.

Of course, we would have

done more if I wasn't this way.

9.

i've finally gotten the nerve.
i stood so near you, by
the piano.
you were by the white &
black ivory keys, while
i faced the other side.

the door was open, after
i tapped on the window and
walked in.
you were working on
your singing scoring, after
i caught you playing a few
keys.

i should have closed the
door as the other pianos were
being used.
i flipped through a book of
yours.
scales+musical notations
i don't understand.

i'm quite nervous around you.
my voice quivered and jumbled the words
that came out, until i got it right.

10.

I am almost afraid to admit this.
I really want to kiss you,
but not by being clever or sly
or manipulative.
I just want a kiss.
A passionate, moisturey one.

11.

I was sitting in a parking lot

when something reminded me

of you.

The brown version of that car

of yours drove by on the street.

I don't know why that reminded

me of you.

It hasn't stopped me from my

fantasizing.

I don't believe we've finished.

At least, for now.

Everything we've ever done

has still some more kinks

to be straightened.

I miss every inch of you.

The hirsute, the eye

color changes, your redness, etc.

You were my six foot one, furry,

red-haired, teddy-bearesque,

chain smoking drunk.

12.

Someone told you that they saw me
there.
I was the one who wore
the white pleated skirt
and a yellow sleeveless fuzzy shirt.

I was the one who
went bare feet and bareheaded.

Flirting my way through the
various crowds, I acted badly.

I was the one who
seduced every man in sight,
blatantly and aggressively.

I was the one who
pissed off every girlfriend there.

Every eye was on me
while the words flowed out.
I was the one who
had everyone watching my every move--
Some were not impressed, Although
I was the one who
found my charms work for me.

That night, I was the one who went home alone.

13.

Why do I dream about you?
I really don't know.
I just wish they were not dreams.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

En stor puss pÄ dig =) HÀllsningar Victor.

Great poem!